In the midst of swapping our daily giggles, a good friend of mine revealed something extremely personal about herself in a Facebook message that hit close to home.
Her name has been removed for privacy concerns.
I was like, damn son.
I’ve been there. Consumed by life, neglecting the God forsaken hair growing in abnormal areas of my body.
Guys will never understand the pain and torture women undergo just to be hair free.
The bewilderment in a man’s eyes is painful when he discovers you’re a mammal and can grow hair at a rapid speed just like him.
Five stages of paranoia settle in when you realize that you forgot to take care of your lady hairs while in the company of the opposite sex.
5. Frantically digging through your purse in hopes of finding tweezers for an execution style plucking.
4. Making direct eye contact, slowly dying inside, certain he’s spotted the patch of new growth.
3. Praying your date will take place in a poorly lit venue to shift the focus off what appears to be a landing strip of hair on your face.
2. Casually snapping a pic to send to your friends to see if they can see the disrespectful hair growth.
1. And if you never hear from him again, you’ll never know if it was the hair or he just doesn’t like you.
Ladies, we’re all in this together. Ingrown hair is an equal opportunity hater.
Besides, any man worth your time will look past your stubble.